Damaged or missing teeth can keep you from smiling. Full mouth reconstruction can repair many of the dental issues that make you feel embarrassed about the appearance of your smile. Drs. Charles A. Robertson and N. Perry Orchard offer the latest full mouth reconstruction procedures at their Corpus Christi cosmetic dentistry practice. We invite you to schedule a consultation with one of our experienced dentists so we can create your personalized full mouth reconstruction plan.
What Dental Issues Can a Full Mouth Reconstruction Correct?
A full mouth reconstruction involves one or more procedures to improve the health and appearance of your smile. Full mouth restoration can correct such dental problems as:
- Discolored teeth
- Decayed teeth
- Broken or chipped teeth
- Missing teeth
- Aesthetic issues
- Periodontal disease
- Dental pain
- Temporomandibular joint disorder
What Procedures Are Used in Full Mouth Reconstruction?
Because dental needs vary, the procedures used in each full mouth reconstruction are dependent on the individual patient's needs. Here are some of the most popular treatments in full mouth reconstruction:
- Teeth Whitening: Teeth whitening is one of the quickest, most effective ways to improve the look of your teeth. Professional teeth whitening can brighten your teeth by many shades in as little as one dental visit.
- Dental Bonding: Dental bonding is another great option to quickly and dramatically improve your smile. Dental bonding is perfect for brightening discolored teeth and masking flaws like minor chips and gaps between teeth.
- Porcelain Veneers: Porcelain veneers improve the appearance of teeth with minor crowding, small chips, and discoloration. They can also be used on small or irregularly shaped teeth to improve proportions and evenness.
- Inlays and Onlays: Inlays and onlays are a great option for cavity treatment. Inlays and onlays are made of tooth-colored porcelain to blend with your tooth. Old metal fillings can be replaced with tooth-colored inlays and onlays for a beautifully restored smile.
- Crowns: Dental crowns are designed to restore the strength and appearance of damaged teeth. They can repair broken, cracked, and decayed teeth. They are also useful in protecting teeth weakened by large fillings.
- Dental Implants: For our patients in Corpus Christi, dental implants offer a permanent solution to replacing missing teeth. A dental implant is a titanium post implanted within the jaw to which an artificial tooth is attached. Dental implants look and feel like your own teeth so you can eat, talk, and smile with confidence.
- Dental Bridges: Dental bridges are another option in tooth replacement. A typical dental bridge is made up of a prosthetic tooth attached to crowns. The crowns are bonded to the teeth adjacent to the missing tooth.
- Scaling or Root Planing: This is a deep cleaning treatment in which the teeth are cleaned to the roots. Gum disease, or periodontal disease, is a main cause of oral health problems. Restoring the health of the gums is often the first step in a full mouth reconstruction.
- Orthodontics: Dental braces are used to create straight teeth and can help relieve the pain caused by temporomandibular joint disorder by correcting malocclusion.
Schedule a Consultation Today!
Let us restore your smile! Contact us today for your personalized treatment plan.