Popular Smile Makeover Treatments
With so many smile makeover treatments on the market, it can be difficult for patients to know which procedure will best suit their unique dental needs. At our Corpus Christi cosmetic dentistry practice, Dr. Charles A. Robertson and Dr. N. Perry Orchard offer various cosmetic and restorative dentistry procedures that are designed to improve your oral health, the aesthetics of your smile, and your self-confidence. In this blog post, we discuss some of the most popular smile makeover treatments that we offer at our practice.
- Teeth whitening:Unfortunately, many patients undergo over-the-counter teeth whitening treatments that could leave your teeth spotted or highly sensitive. Professional treatment such as Zoom!® teeth whitening is performed under the guidance of a qualified dentist to avoid the dangers associated with store-bought teeth whitening products. Zoom!® teeth whitening is quick and it can lighten your teeth several shades, making them appear whiter.
- Invisalign®:To align your teeth, consider Invisalign®, clear plastic, removable trays that straighten the teeth. In just a few months your natural teeth will move into alignment, producing a more symmetrical and beautiful smile. For our patients in Corpus Christi, Invisalign® is an excellent alternative to traditional braces.
- Porcelain veneers:If the shape and color of your teeth are making you feel self-conscious, then veneers are a potentially ideal solution to your problem, especially if you do your homework and find an experienced, reputable dentist such as Drs. Robertson and Orchard. Thin shells that are made of porcelain, veneers can be used to mask a number of aesthetic dental concerns such as discoloration, misalignment, gaps, and chips.
- Dental crowns:Dental crowns are hollow caps that are open on one end so they can placed over a patient's natural tooth. Because the crown fully encases the tooth, it can be used to restore strength to a damaged tooth, or improve the appearance of a cosmetically flawed tooth.
- Dental bonding:Like teeth whitening, dental bonding is a quick and simple treatment that can dramatically improve the appearance of the teeth. Dental bonding can also make the teeth appear whiter, but the difference lies in the technique. Whereas teeth whitening involves the use of a bleaching solution to lighten the color of the actual tooth, dental bonding involves the application of a tooth-colored composite material to the tooth. In addition to masking stains and discolorations, dental bonding can also be used to fill in gaps, cracks, and chips.
- Tooth-colored fillings:Prior to the late 90s, silver amalgam was the most commonly used filling material used by dentists. These silver fillings were sufficient in restoring the health of the tooth, but they offered no aesthetic appeal. The dark color of metal fillings is conspicuous when placed in otherwise white teeth. The development of durable, tooth-colored composite filling materials marked a major advancement in the field of restorative dentistry. Today, many patients are coming to our office to have all of their metal fillings replaced with tooth-colored composite.
Contact our practice today to learn more about the smile makeover treatments that we offer.